Monday, February 15, 2010

A New Man in My Life..Tom Apotolaski


I had the best V-day ever this year. Its not about the flowers, presents or expensive meals. I hate those kind of stuff. To me, its like, every day could be V-day. So why should you spend extra on the same thing when you can get it the next day. Its so geeky. I mean, if the guy were to buy you something expensive on V-day, does it mean he will not buy you anything else of the same value throughout the rest of the year? What is so special about V-day anyway? Well, V-day is all about love. So, why don't you just spend the day with your loved one rather than spend unnecessary money on flowers,which will die eventually. Or even gifts, which will break of spoil in time to come or even expensive meals, which will be flushed out of the system the next day. Why not give her memories that she will never forget for the rest of her life? But I don't mean to give her what Brian had given me,just two days before V-day but that will leave a scar in me for the rest of my life. But you know, something romantic and memorable.

I had my share of good V-day last night. Being all alone here in Athens, I thought it'd be just an ordinary day. But it started off slow alright. I spent almost two hours getting dressed that morning. I didn't know why. The outfits just didn't match, that's all. It was a slow slow day and I can sense it. Then I spent the next hour checking my e-mails and facebook before Irene came knocking on my door. She told me that she had to pick her cousin up from the airport later that evening and that I had to tag along. But she did miss out something pretty important. That her cousin was MALE, in fact, a good looking one, I must say :P

Tom Apotolaski, ahh..such a charming man. Only thirty-two, the perfect age for my dream man, currently working and residing in New Zealand. My gosh! The sound of New Zealand made my day. I mean, thats the place I want to spend the rest of my life in, if I could. The green green grass of NZ, the cows and the cool breeze would be the perfect spot for my writing. And most importantly, he's SINGLE!! Maybe it was Irene all these while. She had wanted to play matchmaker, I guess. But I wouldn't mind at all if he wouldn't mind it himself. At one glance, he was perfect. No complaints. But I guess, I'm not going to rush into making any stupid decisions again after what happened. But come to think of it, what if I lose him? coz of my laid-back attitude? Let's not think of this coz its just been like less than twenty-four hours since I met him. How could I have fallen in love with him so fast? I just don't want to sound desperate or look pathetic. Let's just say, I played on for the rest of the evening.

So, we brought him to his hotel, which was across the street to my hotel. I really didn't expect much from him. Probably coz I was amazed by his appearance or the way he carries himself. But there is one thing that gave me the WOW effect. It was his affection towards children. He loves children. I can see it through his eyes and the way he treats Danish, his nephew. So much love. So much attention. I just loved it. It made my mind wander a while. Reality check!! Hello..this guy hasn't even made his move, and here I am dreaming of our wedding and our family. So after Tom got his room keys, we both left the hotel. Irene had walked me back to the hotel and asked if I would like to join her for dinner. Remembering that it was V-day, I said no. I didn't want to disturb her date with her husband. No way. I'm just too shy to dine with them. So, we parted for the night and she said she would pick me up at 11am the next day, where we would be heading to Santorini Island.

After we parted, I got back to my room, showered and went down to the supermarket down the street to get some food for dinner. You know, being single and alone in a stranger's land, what else could I expect? Tom to suddenly appear right in front of me and ask me out to dinner that night? This is so insane. But lets just say, I did bumped into Tom at the supermarket. My face was as read as the chinese lantern hanging at the door of the supermarket. I have never felt this way before. But you may never guess what followed suit. Tom has asked me to dine with him. But, in the hotel room. And obviously, I chose my room coz it was overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and that we can hear the cool breeze and the sound of the ocean at night. So the date was set. 8pm. My room at the Hilton Hotel.

It was the perfect night all right. We both sat on the floor at the balcony, having takeouts and wine. Chatting away, talking about our miserable lives, and enjoying the sounds of the ocean. Mind you, it was so romantic and relaxing. And of course, I had chosen the perfect music to set the mood. Piano love songs. Doesn't it set the mood? Its like those music played at hotel lobbies. Really relaxing tunes. And whats more comforting than sitting in your room with a stud beside you? The party ended close to midnight and when Tom left the room, I could sense loneliness all over again. Its as though the room needed someone like him to cheer things up. Or at least to cheer me up.

I stood by the balcony that night all alone, thinking of what I've achieved with Tom. I know Tom a little more now and he knows a little about me now. So, where is this all going to end? Marriage? Happy thoughts all the way that night until I received an e-mail from Brian Anthony. As usual, he kept saying that he was sorry and that he had some issues that he couldnt relate to me now but will do so soon. The last sentence caught my eyes though. "I would appreciate it if you could return me the engagement ring, by post or by hand". That really angered me. Yes, I've brought the ring along for I thought that we would be together right now. But,that last sentence really annoyed me so very much that I grabbed the ring from the drawer and tossed it out of the balcony and I believe it landed in the ocean. I just couldn't stop myself from doing this though I did regret my actions. I should have just sold it for cash. But then I thought, the money I get from the sale would remind me of him. So, it's best that I just throws the ring away. Forget the past...and start anew.

I'm actually excited for tomorrow. Firstly is bcoz I'm heading to Santorini Island. And secondly is bcoz Tom is coming along!! Hurray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment