Saturday, January 30, 2010

Express Lunch with a BUDGET

Well, I was supposed to write this story weeks ago but I couldnt find the time. So since I'm very free right now, celebrating V-Day alone in Athens, coz I didnt want to disturb my friend's V-Day with her hubby, I finally decided to write about these 4 wonderful pictures. Well, nothing special, just food. Food such as Mushroom Soup, Nasi Goreng Kampung and Kan Sao Fish with Rice...Sounds good, doesn't it? Actually, there is a special story behind these 4 pictures and let me relate to you now.

It was the end of January, where the pockets are dry, wallets thinning, and the bank account looking dim, with just RM60 in the purse, me and my good friend were sent to help out in completing a task in TTDI. The night before, we had both arranged for breakfast the next day and even decided on where to have lunch that day, our favourite Kazee Corner. So here I was in TTDI that very morning, all alone on 17th Floor, looking for my friend who has seemed to disappear. So, I called her on the cell and she told me she was at the bank and that her ATM card has been swallowed by the machine. I felt bad that day. I mean, how bad can it be to experience this at the wee hours of the morning? So, I told her to come up and we'll talk it out. So, she came up and there was hoo haas at first, she called the bank to block her card and so on, and we headed for breakfast. She did ask me if I could borrow her some money and obviously, I didn't mind. I mean, she's a good friend and I don't mind giving her a treat as well.

So, lets jump to lunch time. As promised, we headed to Kazee Corner for lunch at 1.30pm. With just RM60 in the wallet, we both ordered our food. I could see from her eyes that she wanted Lamb Chop and I even encouraged her to order the food, but at the end of the day, she ordered Nasi Goreng Kampung. I felt bad that day that she didnt get what she wanted because of the inssuficient amount of money I've brought that day. But, hey, we both still managed to laugh it over at the end of the day.

So, how bad did it go? Well, not bad at all. Not bad at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment